Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The best laid plans


Well.......so much for listing a couple of new bears on ebay soon after my last posting!!! Two days after my last post I was admitted to hospital and had to have emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed so, needless to say I didn't get round to finishing my bears!!!

I finally got round to listing 2 of them today and I'll hopefully get the other one put on tomorrow. The first one is called Willow and he's a 10" panda made from the most scrumptious new deluxe faux fur.........incredibly soft and fluffy!!

The second one is a new design I've been trying out and is an 8 way jointed polar bear called Flake. He's quite a big boy (for me anyway) at 14" tall when standing and quite heavy. He's made from a lovely white straight pile mohair. He's got such a lovely feel about him, I could just sit and hug him all day :o)

I've also finished off a very cute little miniature bear who stands just 4" tall. I just need to finish off a couple of little things before I post him on ebay!!

I'm really enjoying playing about with new designs and fabrics just now.....hence the 3 different styles of bear being listed on ebay!!! I think that's one of the things I really enjoy about bear making......there's so many new things to try and so many wonderful fabrics to choose from that I can't imagine ever getting bored of creating new bears :o)

Speak to you again soon!!!

No comments: